7.22.2014

Cottage Style Party & A Summer Mantle



I felt the need to update my mantle.

I still loved my spring mantle of birds and nests but thought I should change it up for summer.

Especially now that summer is half over!



I was inspired by this creamy white cornucopia vase I found at the Goodwill this weekend.

It looks so fresh with fern fronds and phlox!






I also found these mercury glass candle holders at a discount store this weekend.

I think they will stay on my mantle for a long time!








This antique mirror and silver-plate oil lamp are also always on my mantle.

The mirror was a find from a flea market in California and the antique oil lamp was a gift from my Dad.

This mantle is the only place the kitties can't get up on, er, mostly can't.





Here'e my finished mantle.

I didn't feel the need to fill the mantle and went with simple summer style.





I picked up this print at the Goodwill last winter and saved it for summer.






I love how it turned out!

It feels like summer without all the clutter.

And I get to use the vase until it sells on Etsy.

Shhhh…don't tell anyone!









Hello Friends!

Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party

#105




How is everyone?


Has anyone else been watching Fixer Upper on HGTV this summer?
I can't stop watching it…even the repeat episodes!
If you are not watching it (and why not its soooo good!) tune in on Thursday nights.
This cute couple takes a complete dump and transforms it into a charming cottage!
I just love Joanna's decorating style: creamy whites and rustic woods with a touch of color.
You can read her blog here and the current post is a Q&A about the show.



Let's just jump right in and get started..




I just love the Mad Hatter theme of this whimsical tea party! And the Lady Baltimore cake is yummy looking.


Sarah used an abundance of vintage linens and charming touches on her tea. Stop by her blog Hope in Every Season to see all the details and have a cup of tea!








I love Jody's French Country kitchen island. So 
fabulous! 
The dark brown shelves really make it pop.


It is equal parts practical storage and display space which is just perfect! Visit Jody's blog Southern Seazons to see more details of her kitchen island make over and her gorgeous kitchen.









Can you smell the sweet peas and lavender in this bouquet?
~{love}~


This sweet bunch of flowers is from Chel's garden. Stop by her blog Sweetbriar Dreams to see more of her fragrant blooms and more bouquets!





If you were featured, don't
forget your button!

Deb

































Thanks for stopping by!



Please visit these wonderful bloggers
and their fabulous blogs
to see what they are up to:

 
http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com

14 comments:

  1. Love your Summer Mantle display!! Thanks for the party!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good evening, Deb. Thank you for hosting the blog party. The mantle looks great - put together but not too fussy! Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love your new mantle - isn't it fun to use stuff until it sells. We had an antique store when we lived in N. CA and I got to use things and then sell them - it was nice - like having my own storage room to pick from.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I love your mantel, specially that tall awesome hurricane lamp! What a statement it makes!
    Thanks for hosting and sharing.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that print from the Goodwill! Thanks for the party Deb.

    Big Texas Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deb, the simple mantel brings a cool simplicity to your room. Love the poster. Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mantel personifies simple elegant. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for featuring me on your lovely party, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for featuring my kitchen island. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your oil lamp is gorgeous! Thank you so much for featuring my sweetpeas and lavender, there is so much of this in the garden now. (I commented earlier but it disappeared from my screen, so I'm sorry if you have two comments). Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your summer mantel is lovely and that vase is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb, Lovely mantel--I updated mine this week too! Thanks so much for hosting! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting! Your mantel is lovely.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way your mantel turned out. Very summery. Thanks for hosting the party, Deb. Have a great weekend. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!