7.29.2014

Cottage Style Party & In The Garden




Let's take a walk through a July garden…




I love all the colors on this zinnia.





It rained and rained, then rained some more on Sunday.
No surprise to find these droplets on this morning glory.
(the center looks like there's a flashlight shining thru!)




More rain on this nasturtium flower.




This peach colored lily is not exactly the golden stargazer it was supposed to be.
(no smell either…wah!)




Lovely yellow rose in full bloom.




These pretty petunias change from yellow to pink…
or is it pink to yellow?





Pretty pink rose.




Dollar store glads.
Yep, dollar store, not bad!




Not dollar store glads but glads I planted last year to attract hummingbirds.
It's working this year!




More dollar store glads!




Brown eyed susans against the picket fence.
Free curbside find picket fence!





These huge elephant ears are finally fulfilling their destiny!




I think this bed is as full as it could get.
Yikes!
It will be divided this fall.












Hello Friends!

Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party

#106





Have you heard the news?

A Paris apartment was just discovered untouched after 70 years!

Read about it at London's Daily Mail

*here*

Look at those photos!

Can you believe the Belle Epoque interior?

Those windows!

The vanity!

That stuffed ostriche!

For 70 years this woman paid the rent and never went back once she moved to the south of France.

I just can't stop reading about it and looking at the photos!


Ahem.



We have a party to attend so let's get to it so I can go back and drool a little more….











There are 2 things I love about rain in the garden: not having to water and taking photos of raindrops on my flowers.
JoAnn has the right idea with her gorgeous photos of her rain-drenched garden!


How pretty is this flower!?!
Drop by JoAnn's blog Scene Through My Eyes to see more of her wet and wonderful flowers!











I just love Diane's beachy coastal vibe she created here!
And can you believe..the first time artist painted that seascape painting?


And I love the crystal candlesticks and beach glass sprinkled on the runner around the giant sea shell! Visit Diane's blog An Extraordinary Day to see all the details including how to make your own ocean blue painting!










Have I mentioned before that I love an old quilt?
Donna couldn't resist putting this vintage quilt on her vintage summer bed design!
And that pillow was made by her Granny…so sweet!


Just look at those quilt blocks! 
*love*
Stop in to Donna's blog Distressed Donna Down Home to see not one, but two summer vintage bed looks in one blog post!











If you were featured, don't
forget your button!

Deb




































Thanks for stopping by!

Please visit these wonderful bloggers
and their fabulous blogs
to see what they are up to:
 
http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com


13 comments:

  1. Deb....I love seeing all the up-close photos of your beautiful pictures. :) What is it about drops of water on the petals of a flower that make the heart sing. So gorgeous!!!!

    You just made my day! What a delightful surprise to pop over and see that you featured my seascape. And thank you so much for saying the nicest things. I'm humbled and blessed. Big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers and great shots! Thanks Deb for hosting this great party.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening, Deb. Thanks for hosting the blog party! I love the flowers, but I gotta say, the peach colored gladiola from the dollar store is my favorite. Just gorgeous! Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just strolled the garden and took photos after a rainy day today also. Love raindrops on flowers! My, those glads are gorgeous! Dollar store next year for me! Thanks for hosting. I am going to check out that apartment.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many colourful blooms in your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is beautiful. The curbside picket fence is a nice add. Glad to hear the hummingbirds abound.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving all your beautiful flowers, and thanks for your party.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your garden flowers look awesome, Deb! Lovely features this week, I do appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb, Your flower photos are stunning! Thanks so much for hosting! Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for hosting. It was a treat seeing your gorgeous blooms!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Deb,
    Thank you for hosting!
    Your garden is so beautiful. It would be perfect for Fresh-Cut Friday.
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your macro garden shots are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!