11.05.2013

Cottage Style Party & Last of Fall Color



I'm trying to embrace fall one last time before winter sets in.
Yep, I'm still knee deep in Christmas ornaments but I didn't want to miss
the last of the fall color.

I think this is the last week for it in my area.



The shrubs in my yard are showing nice color now...




...but after last weeks windstorm the trees were
forced to shed a ton of leaves.


I usually don't have to rake these until Thanksgiving week.
And, yes, I still need to put my garden to bed for winter!




With the time change last weekend, I was 
able to take some photos of the trees on my way to work.
Last week was probably peak in my town but some pretties linger 
south of me near work.


It's a lovely drive down a country road next to a small river.
I pass several old barns along the way including this one.



This tree top looks like it is on fire!




I love this old barn, so welcoming!




This is the main drag of the town I work in.
Those gold leafed trees on the left just lead you to the red tree up ahead.




A partial shot of this maple ignoring the ugly telephone pole just to the right.
Stunning tree!
It was a topic on conversation last week at work.
We decided it was an Autumn Blaze Maple.




This is just down the street from the maple above.
It's a lovely street with huge old trees and equally huge old houses.



It's a wonderful street to drive on year round but especially this time of year.








Do you have any favorite drives or streets?


















Hello Friends!

Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party!



#69









Did everyone have a spooky Halloween?

It was a chilly and rainy evening in my town on
Halloween.
I gave out handfuls of candy to all 
the ghosts and goblins so they 
could hopefully fill their bags and 
go home quicker.

And so I could go inside and have 
a hot apple cider to warm up!


Let's see how your Halloween went....









I love all the creamy whites in this display!
That bisque jack-o-lantern is so sweet!


And what a clever use of old ice tongs!
Stop in to The Victorian Tailor to see more details of her dreamy home!










How cute are these raven cupcakes?
So sweet with the creamy whites and verse yet
so spooky under the cloche!


Visit Pennywise  to see all the details and make your own
raven cupcakes!









I adore the simplicity of this dough bowl with white pumpkins.
Understated fall is so lovely!


Stop by A Delightsome Life to see more of this simple
slice of autumn.
And check out the squiggly pumpkin in the bowl!











If you were featured, don't

forget your button!




 Deb












































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:






















12 comments:

  1. I can't find the link....???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy, I can't find the link either! Thank you, I'll be back.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! Thank you for featuring my dough bowl. I do appreciate it - Isn't it fantastic how wonderfully beautiful autumn color is?
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely features. I'm so happy your link is up as I was just gonna hit the sack, lol! Thank you so much for this great party. Your Autumn images are stunning with those awesome colors and so is the last of your garden.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the red and pinkish leaves the most! They look so cheerful in the waning light of a coming winter sun. Thanks for hosting this wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that's an ocean of beautiful colours in your garden Deb! I think Autumn is the best season when it comes to spectacular colours :) So vibrant. Thanks for hosting and fixing the link ;) Hugs and Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely commute you take to work! Thanks for hosting and I'm off to check everyone out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The trees in the street you drive by are so pretty at this time of year. I'm a little jealous, because in the morning, it's still night when I drive, so I can't see trees here in the morning light! But they also look beautiful when I drive at lunch time. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful, colorful leaves! They seem to be getting more vibrant here.
    Thanks for hosting! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an absolutely gorgeous tree. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely fall colors ... so enjoyed.
    Love the features.
    Thanks for a fun party every week.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed you drive to work Deb! Isn't God the greatest artist!
    Thanks for hosting the party!

    Have a beautiful day.
    Jeannie and Linda at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!