10.29.2013

Cottage Style Party & New Tricks



Is there any wonder that I am still confused 
about the seasons?



While the Halloween decorations are ready for trick or treaters...



And there's no turning back now, despite signs pointing otherwise...




The weather is thinking about winter....


In the same week we had our first frost, 
we had this...



And this...



And then a little more of this...
(and, yes, I found more fencing!)


Clearly I was not ready for this as my lawn furniture is still on the lawn.
Note the shivering elephant ear on the right!


While the outside is thinking winter is soon, too soon,
inside I am shooting photos of Christmas ornaments
for my Etsy shop...



This year I am doing things a little different
than in previous years.




I've decided to sell some of my mercury glass ornaments
in sets of three.


And five...



Or four.


I think this is a way to give customers specific colors or designs...



...while keeping the price lower and not giving them 
a box filled with ornaments they don't want.


So after spending an entire weekend shooting boxes of ornaments...




...I trashed those photos, then rethought my approach
to come up with smaller collections...



It's more work but much more fun and creative for me and,
hopefully, my customers too!


Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?


Of course I can't let go of the boxed collections entirely...
ha!






Do you have any new tricks?












Hello Friends!

Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party!




#68




It's halloween week and I spent the weekend
with a ton of mini candy bars.

And, yes, I ate a few too many.

I'm hoping to have lots of little
Trick or Treaters
so I don't have to spend any more
time with the candy.




Let's see what you have been up to this week...





This harvest tea is hauntingly boo-tiful!
This is just one of many tables at this tea.


According to Debbie, everything used to decorate 
this harvest tea is from Dollar Tree!
Stop by her blog Debbie-Dabble and 
check out the raven table!






These carnival glass tea cups are perfect for 
this Halloween inspired tea!


Wait until you see the little surprise in
the tea cups! Here's a hint: BOO! 
Go haunt Beeutiful by Design to see all the details.






To continue with this autumn theme: A Witches tea!
How cute are those polka dot plates on
the witch and kitty placemat?


Fly on over to Gertrude's tea at Jann's blog 








If you were featured, don't

forget your button!



 Deb











































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:






















12 comments:

  1. Hi Deb, thanks so much my friend for featuring Gertrude and I's tea. I appreciate it so very much! We have had absolutely gorgeous weather but today finally got rain. Not ready for snow yet, but know it will be here soon. Love your ornaments. Oh, am I tempted! lol! I have quite a few, but I see some beauties.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Deb for hosting. Love the features. And I can't believe you're getting winter weather! wow, we're still in the upper 70's here.
    I do love your ornaments...some bring back some fond memories!
    :o)
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ornaments are beautiful and I love the way you have photographed them.
    Thanks for hosting this fun party. Will have to see if I have anything interesting to post.
    Don't do spooky Halloween, but love Fall decorating.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photo of the pumpkin on your porch with the snow. I can feel how cold it is! I love that kind of weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Christmas ornaments! Thanks for hosting each week, Debi :) Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your idea of grouping ornaments by colour. And it does look very pretty on your Etsy mini on your side bar!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deb,
    Thanks so much for the feature!! I will give you a Shout Out in my next post due out in a few days!!
    Thanks also for the party!! LOVE those vintage ornaments! I do a whole Tree in them!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you are showing your Christmas balls...you sure have some pretty ones.
    Hugs to you for being so loyal with this fun party every week. :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Deb, you have some lovely, vintage Christmas balls - they do look good paired together - so delighted to join your party - I appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Deb! What a fun post- so festive and seasonal. Love the candid hail and snow pics. Great features, too. Thx for hosting. Happy end of October :)
    shawn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hiya! Boy can I relate to this post! I'm sure a lot of us are nodding our heads as we read this! The pictures of your ornament collections are really nice. Some of them are just like ones from my childhood Christmas -- and they were hand-me-downs then. Thank you for hosting another lovely party. I'll be back to do some blog hopping but right now I've got to go check out your etsy shop. Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Dear Friend - I appreciate you sharing your lovely post with A Return to Loveliness,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!