10.01.2013

Cottage Style Party and A Huge Score





Our little town has a community yard sale
every year in September.

It's held at the community center and 
100-150 families have a booth at it.


I didn't write about this back when it happened.
It was good, I spent all $28 I had in my wallet
and filled my shopping cart.


But the real show is the following 2 weekends
when everything that didn't sell 
gets donated and shows up at the local Goodwill.

WOOT!


I got this...


last weekend!
Here's a better look at it:




That's right, I scored this huge old school chalk board!
It's so big I had to take it outside to photo it.
And the best part?
The price...
$5

Yes, that's right...
$5


WOOT!



And that's not all I found...



A rare set of Federal bluebird glasses!




A cobalt blue thumbprint divided dish!




A Westmoreland milkglass compote!





Set of 4 antique ironstone salts!





Set of 6 atomic stars glassware!




A silverplate soap dish!




A pair of French porcelain casserole dishes from Pillivuyt!





A Daisy and Button pattern clover shaped candy dish!





One of several pairs of old chicken salt & pepper shakers!




French Saxon china in the Leaf pattern!






A creepy doll head...
yeah, I don't know why either...





The cutest vintage bath shelf in seafoam!




Lots of old silverplate trays, bowls and baskets!


And more!



I'm not sure how I missed so much great stuff at the sale.

I was there early and a lot of people were 
still unpacking when I left.

As I was walking through the sale, one woman who just 
pulled into her space at 8 am, looked 
around at the crowd and said
"I thought this sale started at 8 am."

And some guy in the space next to her, who was kicked 
back in a chair drinking coffee replied 
"Yes, it starts at 8, but some of us have been 
here unpacking since 5 am."


Yep, and that's why I go to this sale so early 
and know I can pick up all the leftovers at the 
Goodwill for the next couple of weeks!


Woot!







Hello Friends!

Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party!


#64





Then, suddenly, it's October.


Yep, there's no denying it now, summer is 
long over and fall is settling in.

As a gardener, I have my spring blinders on.
It's time to plant bulbs for spring blooms.
But there's a lot of cold, dreary weather
between fall and spring.

Lucky for us, fall is just as colorful
as spring and summer!

So let's see some fall color!











How beautiful is this table centerpiece!
I love this colorful display of fruit, berries and leaves.


to see all her fall colors!









This is such an adorable handmade pumpkin!
And it's not the only one that
Catherine made.


Drop in to her blog Ornate Splendor to see 
more of her work!
So cute!













Not only are these leaf S&P shakers full of fall color,
but they were a thrifty find too!
Only 50 cents!


These cuties aren't the only S&P shakers in her 
charming mantle display!
Visit Bev's blog Tablescapes by Bev to see details of 
her fall mantle 
and her sisters green depression glass!













If you were featured, don't
forget your button!



 Deb










































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:































14 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my mantle! I use those same shakers on a table this week. Thanks for your great blog and link up. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful finds - love the green chalkboard and the silver! Thanks for hosting. I had to turn the air conditioning off this morning and cancelled my afternoon swim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW ... you really got some nice things for $28.00. Looks to be a good party too. Thanks for hosting.
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great scores! Love the chalkboard and the bird glasses. I have that same set of leaf S&P shakers. a 50 cent find for me too. Thanks for hosting.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Fall features, very inspiring! Thank you for the great party! Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - fabulous finds - what a clever idea to hit the thrift shops later. I have the exact same first blue dish (but it was not vintage when my husband bought it for me in Wisconsin 46 years ago) and I have the footed milkglass dish right below it. Everything is wonderful - it felt like I was shopping right along with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow - you scored big! I love those chicken salt and pepper shakers! As always, thank you so much for hosting. Enjoy the rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing finds. Here in France, people tend to unpak at sales very late, so I try to be there between 8:30 and 9 am so that I don't miss too many things that would still be packed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you've got some really great finds :) Thanks for hosting, Deb! Hugs and Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Deb, terrific finds! I took our children many years back to Babyland General when they were still handmade...it's quite fun to watch! I am delighted to join your party - I appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your chalkboard! Thanks for hosting :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Deb! Thank you for the party! And thank you for featuring my pretty pumpkins! I'm tickled pink! Hugs, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Deb, you really did score! I love all of your great finds. Thrifting finds are my favorite posts.
    Thanks so much for hosting the party today!
    Blessings,
    Linda and Jeannie at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!