3.05.2013

Cottage Style Party #34




Bench as prop. 


Make that free bench as prop.



A couple of years ago I was on my way to work 

and saw a bench at the curb.



It was trash pick up day and I knew if I did not 

rescue it right away it would be gone.



So I slamed on my brakes, hoped out of my truck,

tossed it into the back and went to work.


Later that day I assessed my free bench...






It was a bit flimsy but had great cottage style.


The cat thought so too.


I thought it would make a great prop for photos.



So I experimented with this yoyo quilt on the free bench.



Quilt was cute but the bench was not right.


Next!






Same bench, same cat, different angle.


Can't see much of the bench and the cat is a ham.


Next!






On the hottest summer day of the year I brought a table outside with 

some props for a little outside dining photo shoot.


It's okay but not much of the bench is in the photo.



Next!






Same bench, different cat, different angle.


Besides Olive kitty, I love the foxgloves in the background.



Next!





This is one of my favorites of my bench prop.

 I love the enamel pail of hydrangeas and the wicker demi-johns.

Notice the chippy paint on the bench. 

This photo was taken in year 2 of the free bench.



Next!






I love this photo the best!

I love the spread, the hydrangeas in the pail and the purple petunias in the background.





I wonder what great photos will come form my free bench this summer?













Welcome to Cottage Style Party #34!





It looks like everyone is thinking about cheery spring colors this week!


I know I am despite the snow storm going on outside.




It looks like Jann is thinking the same thing with her faux vs snow spring post!



That bunny plate is so cute! 

Stop by Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson to see how she is celebrating spring!







How cute are these Scottie salt and pepper shakers? They are wearing red bows!



Stop by Elaine's blog Sunny Simple Life to see how her salad moves...hahaha...too funny!






All of these adorable ribbons are made by Donna! 

How pretty is this basketfull!




Stop by her blog Distressed Donna Down Home to see how she makes these!

Kinda makes me feel like a 'Queen for Every Day'!







































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:



























16 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring the Queen's ribbons. I appreciate the work you do with the party each week. Love the white bench and the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the party! I love your free bench---free makes it so awesome! :)

    I'm hosting my Homemaking Linkup and would love for you to join!

    Blessings,
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    What a great post. I love your bench and I can just envision you screeching to a halt, jumping out and snatching it up. I have done that a few times myself.
    I love the blogs you have featured.
    Thank you for hosting each week, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Carolynn xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful kitty! Love the last photo of the bench.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that bench is perfect!!! and even more perfect with a kitty on it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bench was such a great find. It has the perfect cottage vibe for your garden. Cats can be trusted, decoration wise!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cat on the bench. I have similar photos of my garden "helpers". Thanks for hostessing this blog party.

    Yael from Home Garden Diggers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable bench and that kitty makes the perfect accessory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of cute vignettes with that sweet bench! Thank you for sharing your link at Friends Sharing Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your free bench! No matter how you stage it is so pretty. You are a master stager! I do love the last one, but all (even the cute kitties) are wonderful! Thanks so much for the feature!! Made my morning! My link has that same plate in it. lol! It's showing my entire table. Have a wonderful day. Happy to be joining the party.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bench find made me laugh, this is exactly what I would have done and do, you found a good one and decorate it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a versatile piece you've turned that bench into. My eyes would have gone wide at the sight of that on the side of the road. Love that you found it and have made it such a valuable cottage style piece.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely love your free bench!! And all of the vignettes you created! Just delightful...and of course, kitty is fabulous!!
    Thank you for sharing at Blissful Whites Wednesday!

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that bench is a fabulous find...especially since it was free. I featured it today at Mod Mix Monday. So glad to have found your party...I'll link up later this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great party, thank you so much for hosting! I love all the features too. Have a wonderful St. Pat's week.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deb, thanks so much for hosting another beautiful party!
    Love your FREE bench. Great photos.
    Peace,
    Linda and Jeannie at The French Hens Nest

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!