12.12.2010

Collecting: Old Glass Christmas Ornaments

I'm an indiscriminate collector of old Christmas ornaments. I love them ALL: mercury glass, clear glass, indents, shapes, stencils, feather tree, noisemakers, broken ones... all of them! Every summer I go to flea markets and yard sales looking for more to add to my collection. Since I can only display them about one month a year (that's just not right now, is it?) I spend an inordinate amount of time admiring them! So here is some of my collection, part 1:



mercury glass beaded icicle


Shiny Brite sleigh stencils in 2 colors


Shiny Brite mercury glass bell next to a clear stripe


West Germany mercury glass flower basket


Shiny Brite stenciled ornaments - love the shooting star with Saturn!


Old West Germany mercury mystery fruit with copper painted leaves 



No Christmas tree in our home would be complete without a little furry decor under the tree!

More ornaments to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you!