7.15.2014

Cottage Style Party & Dollar Store Crafts




It's been awhile since I did dollar store craft project.

I was open to suggestions, so I perused Pinterest for ideas.

Then I swung by my Dollar Tree Store on Saturday to see what they had.



I decided to make a 2 tier cupcake holder.




I started with 2 glass plates of different sizes and 2 of the same glass candleholders.




I glued the candleholders to the plates using E6000 glue which dries clear.



I flipped everything over then glued the smaller plate/candleholder to the larger plate/candleholder.



How it looked right before I spray painted it.
(Yep, its another spray painted item!)



I painted it chrome and this is how it looked right before a storm hit and I had to drag this set up under the porch overhang.




After the rain, I dragged it back out into the yard and added fine silver glitter and several coats of spray sealer.




Then I loaded it with cupcakes for its debut!




You can see the glitter better in the close up.



Everything is better with glitter!













Hello Friends!

Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party

#104





How's summer going?

Anyone take a vacation yet?


I think I timed my stay-cation to the only true week of summer we have had. The polar vortex has been making summer visits too.
Grrrr….


My tomatoes and flowers are so confused: is it summer? or is it fall?





Clearly summer is still on in these gardens….





I just love a secret garden…so much fun waiting to be discovered: birds nest, lovely flowers, secret resting places, hidden gems, wandering pathways, birdbaths…the list goes on!


Cecila's garden is full of those wonders! Stop by her blog My Thrift Store Addiction to see the details of her secret garden!












Debbie has a bright and colorful garden to share.
I love her green and white outdoor furniture and covet those white wicker chairs with green pillows!


Her cottage garden is in bloom and ready for you to have a look around. Visit Debbie's blog Debbie-Dabble to see what she dabbled around her garden!













How pretty are these red roses in front of this garden chair?
This lovely garden has wonderful pockets of cottage charm!


Stop by Cielo's blog to see her cottage garden and lovely flowers. Don't miss her fabulous repurposed, repainted blue shutters at her blog The Little White Cottage in the Woods!
So charming!








If you were featured, don't
forget your button!

Deb





































Thanks for stopping by!



Please visit these wonderful bloggers
and their fabulous blogs
to see what they are up to:

 
http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com

12 comments:

  1. Deb,
    Thanks so much for the feature!! I will give you a shout out in my next post and on Google +!! Thanks too for the party each week!! I LOVE the new cake stand!! Great idea to use spray paint!!

    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those plates and candlesticks are the exact ones I chose to make garden ornaments. I didnt think about painting them. Now you gave me an idea. I could paint flowers on them or a design and make gifts. they do have some good things in the dollar store.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the dollar store! I picked up a few other things for future projects. Now I just need the time to get to them!

      Delete
  3. Hi Deb, I love dollar store crafts! Thanks so much for featuring my garden :) Blessings, Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening, Deb. I just love that cupcake stand! I am going right down to the dollar store to make one for myself!! Holy cow - 4 bucks (plus the glue, glitter and paint) and it looks like something you would buy at the big box store for 10 times that much! Yes... you can never have enough glitter! :)
    Oh, yes, I almost forgot - Thank you for hosting the blog party!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! I'm thinking I could change up the colors with what ever spray paint I have on hand…versatile!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for hosting.

    I love getting the reminder in my email about the party and actually having a garden post to link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making stands are so fun. Love the silver! The garden features are lovely. Thanks for hosting. Just wanted to let you know that the photos are not showing up on your SYC links. Would like me to delete them so that you could try again?
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!