11.26.2013

Cottage Style Party & The Sparkle Season Begins!



It's here!

Sparkle season is here!




And I wasted no time putting some sparkle into my cottage.



I bought these sparkly modern trees at a discount store in my neighborhood.




They were kind of plain and brown, but sparkly.
So I mixed some gold sparkle balls around the base of them.


It was ok, but when I bought them (less than $5 total) I had something sparkly and woodland in mind.




I went outside in the cold, to my neighbors tree, over by the property line, and clipped some greens with tiny pinecones on them.


This is exactly what I had in mind...sparkly and woodland!



Putting greens around the base fluffed my tabletop display.


And the fresh greens smell like Christmas!







I love it when a plan comes together!








Have you started decorating for sparkle season yet?













Hello Friends!

Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party!

#72




Happy Thanksgiving!



Here it is 2 days before turkey day and I just took brownies out of the oven and slipped in 2 layers of a pink rainbow cake for Mom's birthday.


Mom will be 39 (again!) and her birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year. 
Even thought there will be lots of pie at our meal, it's still important to have cake for her birthday.


I'm making her a pink rainbow cake and I am winging it!
The two palest layers are baking right now and tomorrow night I will bake the 2 (hopefully only) slightly darker pink layers tomorrow night.

If it turns out okay and I can get a photo before it is demolished I'll post it next week.



Enough about me and my pink cake...
what have you been up to?


Has anyone started to decorate for the holidays yet?



Well, let's see...








Can you believe these adorable bottle brush trees are handmade?
So cute!


Stop in to Donna's blog Distressed Donna Down Home to see all the how-to's for these from the painted wood blocks to the decorating of these trees!













I love this bit of rustic sparkle on this chandelier!


Drop into Kathy's blog A Delightsome Life to see just how easy it is to make your own snowy pinecones and give you home some rustic sparkle!










This is just a tiny bit of detail from these charming handmade angel wings!


To see the fabulous finished wings, head on over to 
Fishtail Cottage to see all the details!













If you were featured, don't

forget your button!




 Deb

















































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:































4 comments:

  1. Deb, Thanks for featuring my JOY trees. I will dash back over to see the other links. I am early. I have pinned that tree vignette you created. Love the woodland theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the fun party dear Deb! Have a lovely Tksgiving along with your dear family.
    xoxo
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  3. No Christmas sparkle from me yet... ;) Soon.... :D Thanks for the party, Debi! Enjoy your special time with your family! Hugs and Spring greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb,
    Thank you for hosting! I hope you and your family have a lovely Thanksgiving and Birthday Celebration! :)
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!