8.13.2013

Cottage Style Party and World's Longest Yard Sale Finds!



As promised, here are some of my finds from

the World's Longest Yard Sale.


After taking and editing all these photos I realized I left some things out.


Like the polka dot glasses (they really need to be cleaned), a

couple of stools (still on the front porch where I left/forgot about them),

a shelf with really cute old brackets (I might take the brackets off and get rid of the shelf)

 and possibly some other little things I stashed and will find at a future date.




But here is the bulk of my haul!



6 sets of vintage salt and pepper shakers!





A pair of old wood tennis racquets...love these!



A biscuit jar (yes, the one I didn't know what it was...ahem).




A Kitchen King corn shaped butter dish.




An old whisk broom!




I bought this bird because I was inspired 

by that Pier 1 commercial where the girl takes a photo 

of a similar bird

and the bird says "Are you going to tweet this?"

Yes, yes, I am!

(After I paint it to hide the chipped bits.)





8 antique skeleton keys (already listed on Etsy!)




Old barnwood coat rack with old hooks!




A butter dish with built-in knife and holder.

(I could see this being a wonderful invention for family dinners

right up until someone looses the knife...)





A set of 2 old wood Kraft American cheese boxes!



A better photo of the locker bins!




A retro Decoware canister with one of those Hawaiian plants on it.

(can't remember the name...)



The cutest, smallest enamel ware coffee pot!



A homemade wood toolbox (that looks like it was never used!).





A rustic, old blue metal Smith Corona typewriter!



A lovely crystal cake stand with rose design!



A (supposed) service for 12 of Blue Willow dishes!

(Good eye Vickie!)

I haven't counted it yet but I think it might be a service for 12 or so, mix

and match some pieces from different brands/years of Blue Willow.

I'm going to research it a bit before I decide what to do with it.

For now, I will enjoy staring at it all!

Yeah, that's weird alright...





It was tons of fun buying, then unwrapping everything from the sale.

Like Christmas, but with stuff I actually want.


I still have linens I need to wash and iron, plus the

above mentioned items.






And I'm thinking a little surprise for next week to share the wealth...

heh












Hello Friends!



Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party!



#57





How has your week been?


Everyone enjoying the wonderful summer weather?


Only a couple more weeks left of the official summer season.

I'm not sure if I'm excited about fall

or want to make the most of every summer day I can!




Let's see what you all have been up to this summer...




How pretty is this bouquet of roses?

All of these are from Debbi's cottage garden!



And there is more!

Stop by her blog All in my Cottage to see all the pretty bouquets

she picked from her gorgeous gardens!








I love the strong blue of these shutters on this stone house!




But in perusing Magali's post about how kitchen windows make the home,

I saw this:



and couldn't tear my eyes away!

If you love pretty kitchen windows (and who doesn't?)

stop by Magali's blog The Little White House on the Seaside

to see more lovely kitchen windows that inspire her kitchen remodel!









I need to end this with some one else's fab thrifty score!



This is Revi's best EVER thrift store score!



It is an old silver trophy made into a lamp!

I love it!

Click on over to her blog Revisionary Life to see

all the photos of this gorgeous lamp!

And wait till you see the price...!!!

Woot!











If you have been featured, don't forget to pick up your button!










It occurred to me that perhaps I should sign my posts...



Deb















































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:
























14 comments:

  1. I have several pieces of the corn dishes - all found at yard sales and thrift stores - and one was a gift - but I've never seen the butter dish - it is really wonderful. All the things you got are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a collection of fun treasures. The rustic locker baskets caught my eye. Awww, the patina on those ones :D Thanks for hosting, Debi. Linky is working perfectly this week. Yay! Have a great week! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness, so many features! I love the dishes in blue and White, as I love the Windows. Thank you for the great party. Big hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your finds!!

    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Deb! I was pleasantly surprised to find my silver trophy lamp here. :)
    I put a different shade on it, and it's sitting in my living room now. Thanks so much for your advice.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good evening, Deb! I knew it, I knew it - that was Blue Willow! Whoot whoot! Anyhoo - thanks for hosting this awesome hopping party! So much to read! I hope the rest of your week is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds Debi! I really love the green S&P and the bird ones too. The lockers are such a neat find. I have an old whisk broom and a kraft box like the ones you found. Thanks for hosting!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  8. The little blue birdie looks really cute, and all those blue willow pieces, what a great haul of goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks a lot for featuring my window inspiration! It was a nice surprise. I love your finds, the enamel coffee pot is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, my! You found some amazing things - I'm going to have to put this event on my calendar next year - such interesting, cool finds! So delighted to join your party - I do appreciate you hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds! Love the keys :
    Thanks for hosting!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the butter boxes and locker drawers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh you snagged so great items! I'm so, so, SOOO jealous of the typewriter you found. Great job! Stop by my Friday's Five Features and link up this post (and others)! http://diy-vintage-chic.blogspot.com/2013/08/fridays-five-features-no-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful vintage finds! I appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!