7.09.2013

Cottage Style Party #52



Well, the clouds parted

and the sun came out for just long enough for me

to go to the local flea market last week on my (very wet) vacation!



So what's more important:


sun-n-fun at the pool?

or finding great junk at the flea market?



Yep, that's what I thought too!!!



So here's a few photos of some of my awesome finds...







I love these old sifters with apples on them!







I just can't resist picking up these old rotary phones when I find them.

Does anybody else miss the swish of the dial?







You know I just love these old picnic baskets and this one is 

so special with that paint job!

It does seem like no one goes on picnics any more..

but these do make for excellent storage!








I love finding these old silver plated stands and matching them with cheese domes!








Who cares if this old clock doesn't work?

It just needs to look good!








I just love these old percolators!

They are very popular with the restored vintage trailer glamping campers.





(this post was briefly interrupted by rain.

yes, more rain.

excuse me while I grab my laptop and run inside...)








Another wonderful old picnic basket!

Maybe I should bring back the art of picnics in the park again....









A set of 5 enamelware pots in red and white...

for my old farmhouse fantasy kitchen!








Who doesn't love polka dots!?!


















Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party!







I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July holiday!



I sat out in the rain under a huge beach umbrella, 

wrapped in a throw,

drinking a glass of wine

and watched my towns fireworks show.


The only thing missing was someone to refill my glass!


Not too bad, eh?




I'm still in a celebratory mood

so let's see some more patriotic spirit!











I am loving this red, white and blue cone full of goodies!

How festive is this?



Drop on into Penny Wise Blog to see the details to make your own.

She even gives ideas on how to adapt this to any holiday!










I just love the patriotic spirit of this table setting!

Perfect for a 4th of July dinner!



Stop by Wings of Eagles blog to see details of this table

and the lovely mix & match transfer plates!










There was some serendipity working with this garden color combo!

Red roses, blue larkspur and something creamy white in the background...whoa!

IMG_1250

Drop on in to Jann's blog Have a Daily Cup of Mrs Olson

to see more of her lovely garden!

Love those delphiniums!








Don't forget your button!













   
   




















Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:

























15 comments:

  1. Wow, love everything you found! Yes, I miss that swish. Thanks so much for the feature. Such a wonderful surprise! I am not seeing the link to the party this week. I'll hop back later and see if it's there.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I see that it's not open yet. I will be back!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love every one of your fantastic finds! I have a particular soft spot for that sweet percolator. Thanks for hosting!!

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! The sifter is so cute, and I love what you did with the silver cakes stand and cheese dome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great party! Glad to see it up and running!
    Wonderful features this week!
    Off to check out some of the fantastic links.
    Thank you for hosting!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful vintage finds! It is a delight to join your party this week,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What amazing vintage finds! Fab features too :) Thank you so much for the party, Debi! Subtropical winter greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great treasures!! Love all of them!!

    Thanks so much for hosting!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me looking for vintage items in a junk shop beats lazing by the pool any day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Hope you had a nice 4th of July! Thx for hosting. Great finds- like the polka dot cups and the sifter...woohoo- score! :)
    S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You really did get some great finds. I haven't had a pool day in a long time...that would have been a tough decision for me. Oops! I just realized that I linked up my Patriotic Window last week. Please feel free to delete it. Sorry!
    Hope your week is extraordinary!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have an old black rotary phone just like that! I don't need it, but for some reason I can't get rid of it ;) Thanks for hosting this hop, I really appreciate it! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of your finds-especially the silver stand! Thanks for hosting :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love all your finds, but especially the clock! I'll be featuring it tonight at Knick of Time Tuesday - thanks for sharing at the party!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!