6.18.2013

Cottage Style Party #49





Turning an ugly duckling into a swan...




Yep, its another rehab project!







These are the steps to nowhere on my back porch.


They go no where.





Here's another looksie....





Still ugly from the backside, no?


The starter moss is the most exciting part of them.



I've asked the landlord to get rid of them and 

he mentioned that they are covering the hole to the cistern below.



I took that as a "no".







Still ugly.



I tried pouring tons of deicer salt on them.

It ruins sidewalks and roads but

did nothing to the steps.



So I decided to use that design motto


"Turn an eyesore into a focal point".








A close up view...





Last years view...




Please ignore the rack,

it was the only photo I could find from last year.



The flowers will grow in together and 

create a floral waterfall!





Can't wait!






Have you changed an eye sore into something beautiful?

















How is everyone this week?

Ready to party?


Let's get started then!









I just love these Ball blue jars in the splatter painted Ball box!

So pretty with the flowers tucked in.




Stop by Victoria Lavender blog to see more photos

and how-to's for her splatter painted carrier!.










This is just a small hint of a lovely beach table display!

How cute is that seahorse handle?




To see more of this seaside, beachy table setting drop into to The Charm of Home!

And, yes, there are seashells!












I love garden flowers!

These are just a few of the floral beauties in Kathy's gardens!


Lilly collage
Can you believe that spider lily?

There's so much more!

Visit the beautiful gardens at A Delightsome Life!






Don't forget!

Pick up your button on the side!




































Thanks for stopping by!

 Please visit these wonderful bloggers 

and their fabulous blogs 

to see what they are up to:


























14 comments:

  1. Guess what? I love those concrete steps to nowhere! I would feed the starter moss some yogurt or buttermilk and let it cover them. It is a very attractive displayed with your flower pots. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've 'prettied up' your steps! Thanks for hosting! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea with the steps. How cute to layer it in flowers! Thank you for the feature! That was a nice surprise. Thank you for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful way to disguise these steps - I've read somewhere of things you can use to stain them - household type products - or paint them to make them white or verdi gris - it is fun to try to see what you can do with something one might discard or hide - looking forward to seeing the flower waterfall. I do appreciate you sharing my lilies - it took a few years to see what some would turn out like - thanks for hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome idea with flower pots on the steps! I like the layering :) Thanks for hosting, Debi :) Have a great week! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your impatiens flower arrangement. It's beautiful. I turned my potting shed into something pretty to work and store in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting! Love your floral steps...necessity is the mother of invention! Happy June :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a good idea, sometimes you have to look outside the box and come up with something wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My son has some old concrete steps just like yours - leading to nowhere (the house had long since been remodeled before he bought it). I will show him what you did to make this beautiful flower display! Thank you for hosting this hop! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you took ugly to beautiful.

    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool, you gotta work with what you've got....and that works well! Thank you very much for highlighting my Mason Jar Box Tray, that's sweet. I just dropped off a post about the mysterious Jackalope. Please drop by my POST OFFICE linky and leave me another cool post.
    hugs, Victoria Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely idea - almost makes one want some ugly old steps in the back yard - almost. I love the idea of a cascade of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I don't know how I found this blog anymore, but glad I did. Love the way you used those steps to nowhere lol. I've become a follower and linked up with your party, thanks for hosting. blessings, lady

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love moss so those steps stole my heart. Love how you turned them into a beautiful planter! Thanks for sharing them with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!