8.19.2014

Cottage Style Party & WLYS - My Finds!




You saw a couple of my World's Longest Yard Sale finds last week, such as the birdcage and melmac bowl.


So here's the birdcage on my front porch…



I just love it with the candles inside!
(and no dusty old plastic ivy)



My blue Ball jars, assorted sizes.



Cobalt blue glassware…love this color!



An enamelware pitcher with measurements inside.
The little old lady I bought it from said she remembers buying it.
I didn't bother to ask when as I didn't want to put her on the spot with a date she might not remember.



A couple of perfume bottles from another little old lady.



Lovely pink depression glass cake plate.



A trio of pink spaghetti hair poodles…love these kitchy pooches!



A set of 4 tea bag rests…so cute!



An apple cookie jar.



A 2 tier stand…the little old ladies at the church sale I bought this from looked at me like I was an idiot when I bought this! 
I love these things!



A yogurt maker which I might keep or not...



An old concrete birdbath for $5…I've been looking for one!
A keeper!


2 old galvanized seed trays with great chippy paint.



An old wire basket with old books from the 1800's.





There is still a little bit left that I haven't had the time to deal with like Christmas stuff, an old wood crate, some other smalls I plan on keeping.

While I love all of the stuff above, most of it will end up in my Etsy shop.

I bought it with resale in mind and will part with it knowing there is more junk out there!

I just have to find it!









Hello Friends!

Welcome to this weeks

Cottage Style Party

#109






As you can tell, I'm still playing with my WLYS finds.

It's like Christmas and my birthday rolled into one!


But it hasn't all been play, I am proud to say that I weeded my flower beds in August.

That's right, normally I just give up and embrace the weeds by now.

Not this year!

You might say I turned over a new leaf…

or a few…



Let's party!







This sweet pie safe belonged to Kathy's grandmother!
It is filled with her wonderful thrifted finds.



Drop by Kathy's blog Sharing Shadymont to see her pie safe and her jelly cabinet!
And check out her bumble bee dishes!








I just love these dried hydrangeas in this minnow bucket!
The girlie flowers with the burlap bow are so sweet tucked into the old galvanized pail.



This is a true thrifty find that Jane transformed. Visit her at her blog Minnesota Junker to see more details of her charming DIY project!










This pumpkin is a reminder that fall will be here soon.
The surprise is that this pumpkin is made of fur!
Fabulous!


I love the touch of bling on it! Drop by Catherine's blog Ornate Splendor to see her fabulous pumpkins. Yes, there are more glitz and glam pumpkins on her blog!







If you were featured, don't
forget your button!

Deb


































Thanks for stopping by!


Please visit these wonderful bloggers
and their fabulous blogs
to see what they are up to:

http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com





15 comments:

  1. I love your vintage tea bag holders! Great find! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! Thanks for sharing your lovely finds! I appreciate your party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb, you found some great stuff, I love them all, specially the blue glasses, the two tier and the rest too, lol!
    Thanks for hosting.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, sounds like a fun adventure. You certainly found some great things. My favorite is the birdbath.
    Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I've looked for a long time for one of those and was thrilled to find one for $5…woot!

      Delete
  5. Good evening, Deb. Thanks for hosting the blog party. I love all the fantastic finds, but my favorite are the poodles! I think we had something just like this when I was a little girl. We had poodles when I was growing up, so of course we had poodle dresses, poodle purses and poodle figurines! :) Thanks for bringing back the memories. I hope you have an Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! I remember my Grandmother had some poodles very similar to those. Poodle dresses and purses…I love it!

      Delete
  6. My daughter would love the cobalt blue glassware - always a delight to join your party - I do appreicateyou hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. New to the party -love all your finds! Love the bee items in the first feature too! Thanks for hosting - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love everything that you found. Those poodles took me right back to the early 60's. The bird bath that you found is beautiful. I love the design of it. I have seen one like it in the yards of very old homes. Thanks for showing us your treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!